APPLY FOR PROTECTIVE REGISTRATION
Protect Yourself Against Future Fraud with Protective Registration
Register lost or stolen identity books or passports
If you misplace your ID book or passport, or it is stolen, registering it with SAFPS means that we will enter its details on our database to inform our members that your identity has been compromised and that they should take additional care when confirming your identity.
We recommend that you either scan or photocopy your ID book and passport and keep these copies or files securely – and separately from the originals. This will assist you in getting replacements in the event of theft or loss.
Victims of Fraud
If you suspect that you have been impersonated, and accounts have been opened or loans taken out in your name, you should contact the credit provider or debt collector in question to establish if you have been a victim of fraud.
You will be required to provide information that proves that you did not enter into the relevant financial agreement yourself. If the credit provider is a SAFPS Member, a victim of impersonation filing and/or Protective Registration will be loaded on to SAFPS database on your behalf. You must also report the fraud to the South African Police Service (SAPS).
Once you have established your innocence, the credit provider will issue you a letter confirming that you have been the victim of impersonation. Apply for Protective Registration using the form below or via the SAFPS mobile app and submit all necessary supporting documentation.
Should the credit provider not be an SAFPS Member, send us the supporting documentation and SAFPS can then create a Protective Registration and Victim filing on our database, and issue you with a PR number and VIC number. Your ID number will be flagged on our database to show that you have been a victim of impersonation, which alerts future credit providers to take additional care when confirming your identity.
SAFPS will also issue you with a Victim of Impersonation letter which you can share with credit providers in the future to assist you in verifying, that you are who you claim to be.
HOW TO APPLY
Protective Registration is free
- The Protective Registration application can be logged before all the required documentation is submitted, but it will be marked as pending or incomplete.
- Report your incident of a lost/stolen ID/passport to the Police and complete an affidavit detailing how your identity was compromised.
- Apply for a new ID/Passport.
- Apply using the form below or via the SAFPS mobile app.
- For Protective Registration phone 011 867 2234 or emaiil us at email@example.com along with:
- A certified copy of an ID document, temporary ID or application for a new ID
- A copy of your police affidavit
- Proof of address
- You will be issued with a Protective Registration reference number within 48 hours.
I want "FREEDOM FROM FRAUD" I want to be PROTECTED
Submit your details below and an agent will contact you to start the process.